A thank you to Domina Jen for the nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and inform them.
Seven things about myself:
1. I have been getting my hair cut by the same person for over 30 years (I am 39). While I lived out of state for five years it seems like I keep having to go to the same person to not get a terrible haircut.
2. If I ever fall in love with a favorite snack food, hygiene product, or cosmetic product, I can guarantee that it will get discontinued within 3 years. It doesn’t matter what it is. Shampoo. Deodorant. Toothpaste. Snack Mix. Granola Bar. If I like it a lot to the point where I would claim “I love this,” it will be gone. For example, I have had to switch deodorant 5 times in the past 15 years. I had 3 toothpastes get discontinued in 5 years. The irony wears off when you realize you have to settle for mediocre everything. If I fell in love with Soylent Green Chips I’m certain they would change the recipe and ruin it and we all know that the “people-free” version just wouldn’t be as good.
3. I used to want to open a recording studio and record bands for a living. My top musical talent is actually to memorize sonic timbre and I can listen to a CD and pick out what kind of gear the guitar and bassist used on the recording. This dream somewhat faded when I worked at an actual recording studio and saw the kind of work that had to be done in order to keep the lights on as well as the specialty degrees and years worth of unpaid internships breaking in would require.
4. In my younger years I never allowed myself to be a nerd. When I hit about 28 or so I gave in and delved heavily into many nerd-heavy hobbies because I stopped caring what other people thought.
5. I used to want to be a shrink but I realized I wouldn’t be able to do it successfully as a career because I get too emotionally attached to people.
6. When I take interest in something I naturally want to learn everything about it… and obtain absolute mastery and understanding of it. For people that think I pick apart D/s a lot… I do this with pretty much everything that I enjoy.
7. While I don’t mind the outdoors, I am prone to heat stroke due to my internal thermostat being ruined by a high school football coach running us into the ground during two-a-days with no water. I’m also a mosquito magnet… something about my blood type and the way my skin emits oxygen just draws them in. So yes, I like the outdoors when it isn’t stupid hot/humid and isn’t terribly cold, and there aren’t a kabillion mosquitos out there. Unfortunately where I live now, that encompasses roughly two months a year.
Nominations. I chose these from bloggers who haven’t posted this or the Mystery Blogger Award lately. For those who are like, “Hey, why are you doing it here when you got too lazy to do it for the mystery blogger award?” The answer is that I didn’t have to come up with questions.
- Thrill of the Chaste
- Dominance in Progress
- The Secret Aspie
- Smiling Through the Evil
- The Indecisive Writer
- Porn Girl
- Sweetgirl’s Journal